West York Middle School Field Trip to
Washington DC & King's Dominion
May 6-7, 2023
West York Middle School: get ready for a fun-filled, field trip to Washington, DC and King’s Dominion! Students will see and explore the institutions of our federal government and immerse themselves in our national history. Students have been traveling to our nation’s Capitol with Logan Tours for many years. Many remember it as a highlight of their school years. Make it one of yours, too!
Dec. 8: $200 per person non-refundable deposit due
Feb. 9: Remaining Balance Due
TBD: Parent Meeting
May 6: Trip departs at 6:30 AM West York Middle School
May 7: Trip returns home at 8:30 PM
- Arlington National Cemetery (Wreath placing ceremony*)
- Explore the Smithsonian Museum.
- Photos at Supreme Court, Library of Congress, and Capitol.
- United States Marine Corps Memorial (Iwo Jima)
- Take photos in front of the White House.
- Walking tour of Vietnam Wall, Lincoln Memorial, Korean War Memorial, and WWII Memorial.
We depart from West York Middle School early Saturday morning, traveling on a deluxe motor-coach bus. After arriving in DC, students spend the afternoon touring the city, then head to Arlington, VA for dinner and evening activities. Sunday will be a fun-filled day at King’s Dominion Amusement Park.
- $375 per person
- Covers transportation, admissions, lodging, and most meals.
- Register by Thursday, December 8.
- A $200 deposit is required to register.
- Any remaining balance is due by Thursday, February 9.
- Payments can be made on this site by check or credit card.
- The deposit is non-refundable for any reason. It holds your child’s spot on the trip.
- The remaining $175 is fully refundable until the morning of the trip if your child withdraws for any reason. You must notify Rebecca Green that your child is dropping out in order to get a refund. If he/she just does not show up, there is no refund.
Included in the price
- Meals – 1 breakfast, 2 lunches, 1 dinner – including gratuity
- Admission fees
- Door to door transportation via deluxe motorcoach bus
- Professional planning and coordination of all details of trip including payment, itinerary, and group communication
- Trip coordinator travels with group to handle any issues and be sure you make your scheduled activities
We will be staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites, Fredericksburg South
What to Bring: Take all items on board the bus that you plan to use throughout the day, including phones, cameras, jackets, spending money, snacks/drinks.
Everything you’ll need at the hotel (sleepwear, toiletries, games, more snacks & drinks) can be stored under the bus.
Weather: We will be outside and walking A LOT! Wear comfortable shoes. Check the DC forecast and pack accordingly, including jacket/rain coats.