Slippery Rock 8th Grade Class Trip to DC
Saturday May 18-Sunday May 19, 2019
Click the GroupMe icon to join our DC group chat!
If your student has a device that can support apps, we will use GroupMe to send out information over the weekend.
And if they do not – no worries. They can get their directions the old fashioned way – by listening to the directions given on the bus!
Plans are being made for yet another exciting and educational trip to Washington DC this spring! The students of Slippery Rock Middle School’s eighth grade class have the opportunity to visit some of the most famous landmarks and historical sites in our country on an unforgettable weekend with friends and teachers.
- The Smithsonian Museum of American History
- A guided tour of the US Capitol Building
- The National Archives
- Lincoln Memorial
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial (aka “The Wall”)
- Korean War Memorial
- WWII Memorial
- United States Marine Corp Memorial (aka “Iwo Jima”)
- Arlington National Cemetery (Kennedy grave site and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier)
- Ford’s Theatre
- The Smithsonian Air and Space Museum
Students will enjoy a relaxing evening of pizza and swimming with their friends at the Freedom Center of George Mason University in Manassas VA. The group will stay in luxury rooms at the Hampton Inn, Manassas VA.
The trip cost covers:
- Deluxe motor coach transportation. Safe buses and experienced drivers provided by Campbell Bus Company in Slippery Rock, PA.
- 1 night’s stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites, Manassas, VA. This hotel features comfortable, well appointed rooms equipped with cable TV and a blow dryer. Each room has either two queen beds or a king bed and a sleeper sofa.
- Meals on both days.
- Overnight security.
- Admission fees to all sites.
- Detailed trip planning provided by Logan Tours, Inc.
- Two trip coordinators travel with the group at all times.
The tour cost depends on the number of students rooming together, as follows:
- $278 /person | 4 in a room
A $100, non-refundable deposit is required to sign up by March 1, 2019. The remaining balance is due by April 17, 2019.
The deposit is non-refundable. This deposit holds your spot on the bus. The balance is fully refundable if a student drops due to circumstances beyond his/her control (sickness family emergency, etc.) For a refund, you must notify Rebecca Green at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 724-355-4997. If you simply do not show up for the trip without any notice, you are not eligible for a refund.
Payments can be made on this site by check or credit card, or brought to school and given to Mr. Book or Mrs. Daughterty.
Mrs. Daugherty, Sponsoring Teacher
Mr. Book, Sponsoring Teacher
|Tue Feb 26
Tue Feb 26 – Fri Mar 1
Tue Mar 5
Tue Mar 19
Mon April 8
Wed April 17
Mon May 13
Sat May 18 – Sun May 19
|Parent Meeting LGI
$100 Deposit Due (pay online or in school)
Hoagie Sale Fundraiser orders and money due
Hoagie Fundraiser pick up in the cafeteria from 2-4:30
Roommate Selection forms will be distributed in class
Final Payment and Roommate Selection forms due
Final Parent Meeting – 7 pm in cafeteria – *strongly encouraged*
Washington DC Trip!