Slippery Rock 8th Grade Field Trip
May 16-17, 2020
Planning & Packing
- Several tour stops are outdoors. Check the DC forecast and pack accordingly.
- Be sure to pack swim and gym wear for our evening at the Freedom Aquatic and Fitness Center.
- Students are welcome to bring spending money and snacks for their hotel rooms.
- Cell phones, cameras and other electronic devices are welcome. The trip sign up package includes an acceptable use policy for these.
- Our first meal is lunch on Saturday. Eat breakfast before you leave or bring something easy to eat on the bus.
- All medication must be given to the chaperones before boarding.
- Students are expected to abide by all applicable school policies while on this trip.
- The District has the right to deny a student from participating based on disciplinary or other issues that arise before the trip (e.g., fighting).
If you have special dietary needs, bring food that is safe for you. We can store a cooler under the bus, if needed.
- Sat. breakfast: not included, eat before you leave or bring something easy to eat on the bus.
- Sat. lunch: Subway cold cut trio or turkey 6″ sub, chips, dessert, & water.
- Sat. dinner: all-you-can eat pizza + soda.
- Sun. breakfast: hotel buffet breakfast.
- Sun. lunch: Cafe at the Smithsonian museum.
- Sun. dinner: Chicken tenders, fries, soup, salad, and dessert bar from Hoss’ Steakhouse