Butler County Vo-Tech Cosmetology Class Trip
Sunday, March 31 – Monday, April 1, 2019
This Spring, students in the Butler Vo-Tech’s Cosmetology Class have the opportunity to take a 2-day, 1-night field trip to the Mid-Atlantic Fashion Focus Beauty Show in National Harbor, MD. Students will choose from dozens of sessions led by industry experts and product vendors, view demonstrations, and network with beauty professionals from across the mid-atlantic region.
- Attend educational sessions of their choosing.
- Watch professionals work on the “Barber Stage” and “Be Inspired Stage.”
- Attend meet-and-greets, photo ops, and network with a variety of beauty professionals and other students.
- Time with friends to check out vendors they choose, gather information, and shop!
In addition to the beauty show, students will enjoy a relaxing evening of pizza and swimming with their friends, classmates, and teachers at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Camp Hill, MD.
The trip cost covers:
- Deluxe motor coach transportation, including costs for highly experienced bus drivers from Campbell Bus Company.
- 1 night’s stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites, Camp Springs, MD. This hotel features comfortable, well appointed rooms equipped with cable TV and a blow dryer. Each room has either two queen beds or a king bed and a sleeper sofa.
- Meals on both days.
- Overnight security.
- 2-days admission to the Fashion Focus show.
The tour cost depends on the number of students rooming together, as follows:
- $257 /person | 4 in a room
- $270 /person | 3 in a room
- $297 /person | 2 in a room
A $100, non-refundable deposit is required to sign up by February 20, 2019. The remaining balance is due by March 15, 2019.
The deposit is non-refundable. This deposit holds your spot on the bus. The balance is fully refundable if a student drops due to circumstances beyond his/her control (sickness family emergency, etc.) For a refund, you must notify Rebecca Green at email@example.com or at 724-355-4997. If you simply do not show up for the trip without any notice, you are not eligible for a refund.
Payments can be made on this site by check or credit card. For any other arrangement, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 724-355-4997.
- Check out the Fashion Focus website to plan what you want to attend and read about the speakers and vendors you’ll see.
- You’ll need to dress professionally, in school-appropriate attire, at both days of the beauty show. You are representing our school, and the industry, so dress as though you are working in your dream salon!
- Check the weather in National Harbor, MD to help with planning what to wear.
- Pack a swim suit for the hotel pool.
- These shows offer special prices on beauty supplies and equipment. Bring spending money or a credit card if want to purchase anything.
- There will be a bag check before you board the bus. Do not bring anything that is not permitted in school.
This school field trip is approved by the BCAVTS Board. The company making arrangements is Logan Tours, Inc. (a local company with over 50 years of experience in student field trips for schools in our region).
MRS. ELLISON, Sponsoring Teacher
724-282-0735 x 214
|Sunday, March 31, 2019||Monday, April 1, 2019|
Arrive at Vo-Tech for 7 am departure
7 am – noon
Travel with fast food lunch en route
Attend Fashion Focus Show
Pizza dinner at hotel, swimming in hotel pool and free time
Rise and shine! Breakfast at hotel
8 am – noon
Noon – 3 pm
Travel with snacks on bus
Dinner at Hoss’s Steak & Sea House
Finish traveling back to Vo-Tech